Friday, May 25, 2007

Buy An Anger

One day, I and my friend, Asahi, went together by bus. When the bus stopped, there was a newspaper boy sold the newspaper that he brought by yelled the headline of the newspaper. The short impression that I caught about the news, were interesting. Then I bought it for Rp2.000,00
During the journey, I read it news by news, while my friend was looking at me but I didn't care about it. But slowly he was curious. Though one time I was angry while I was reading the newspaper, he didn't care. Why he didn't have any interest with a lot of annoyed, weird, and controversial news in the newspaper?
"Do you want to read this?" I asked to him.
"No, I don't want." He answered.
"You know, the news are interesting. Moreover, we must follow the development in our country."
"The news in the newspaper aren't enough. The newspaper is bad."
"What is your reason to say that?"
"You can see that, it just show the dishonest and the sly of the officials. It just show that the officials are greedy and sly people consciously."
"Then?"
"Actually, it must show the analysis, the solutions, and the positive attitudes so the readers aren't angry. The readers may disappoint with the facts but they must be given constructive attitudes. If just anger come out from the newspaper, it means that they sell anger and you have bought it for Rp2.000,00."
"I was silent to learned what he told for minutes. Then someone in the back seat said, "Damn, once again a government prisoner has escaped. He should be shot by polices." I saw that he read same newspaper too and my friend just smiled.

No comments: